- 1The dominant male animal in a particular group: two of them trotted over to greet the alpha male, a black wolf with a greying muzzleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At Bossou, they recently observed a mixed-sex group, including the alpha male, scream excitedly and then attack a hyrax that fell out of a tall tree.
- One low-ranking male keeps the alpha male busy, by causing a fight, while the other male goes off with the female.
- Mawa is the alpha male, the leader of the group, who likes to throw stones at people.
- 1.1A man tending to assume a dominant or domineering role in social or professional situations: most alpha males need to control the women in their livesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If they are indeed candidates, this election could turn into the battle of the 50-something alpha males.
- When one of these alpha males left to get some water, a competitor snatched his coveted position.
- People who run for office and like power are alpha males.
Más definiciones de alpha maleDefinición de alpha male en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.