(also alsike clover)
A tall clover which is widely grown for fodder, native to Europe and naturalized in North America.
- Trifolium hybridum, family Leguminosae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A cool and moist environment is ideal for alsike clover growth; it has poor heat and drought tolerance.
- Hay or pasture containing a large percentage of alsike clover is generally not recommended for horses.
- As a precaution alsike clover should not be fed to horses in amounts greater than 5% of the feed.
mid 19th century: named after Alsike in Sweden; Linnaeus mentions the plant growing there.
Definición de alsike en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.