- A painting or other work of art designed to be set above and behind an altar.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They also painted altarpieces and easel paintings for collectors, and developed genres such as landscape.
- Specifically, the Hood Museum of Art has acquired a variety of paintings, including an altarpiece, several easel paintings and some small devotional panels.
- Although it is often described as an altarpiece, this painting is far more likely to have served as an epitaph - a potential function of this and other pictures by Van Eyck that needs further study.
Más definiciones de altarpieceDefinición de altarpiece en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.