Definición de alter en inglés:
- The English ruling class was wiped out and the character of the nation altered forever.
- Digitally alter all the alien characters so they have 2 heads because that would look so cool.
- During the course of the show, he altered the character of two sculptures by revising the installation.
- We applied, as the landowner on behalf of Southern, for the proper permissions to alter the existing depot building.
- The structure of the home meant they could not alter the building to meet this regulation without becoming financially unviable.
- Plans to alter a pub in the oldest area of Skipton have failed to find favour with local councillors.
If you alter something you change it to something else. The word comes via French from Latin alter ‘other’, also found in alternative (mid 16th century). It also lies behind altruism (mid 19th century) which is from Italian altrui ‘somebody else’, from Latin alteri huic ‘to this other’.
- Example sentences
- Free people have multiple and alterable identities.
- Instead, the acoustics of musical space is, in itself, an alterable element of the representational system within which musical meanings are constructed.
- When poverty started being seen not as inevitable, but as something alterable, being poor moved from the realm of bad luck to the realm of injustice.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.