Definición de alternant en inglés:
An alternative form of a word or other linguistic unit; a variant: one form occurs more than its alternants
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most common alternant is EAT, though it is not obligatory - indeed, the oldest example I have found so far, from 1882, uses DRINK SLEEP THINK, with no EAT.
- Hence, the voiced alternants induced by Verner's Law may be expected in both subjunctive pret. singular and plural.
- All observed asymmetries between the two alternants are shown to fall out naturally from this and related structural distinctions.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Changing from one to the other; alternating.
- The ones with even numbers of atoms are even alternant, with odd numbers, they are odd alternant.
- A conjugated system of electrons is termed alternant if its atoms can be divided into two sets so that no atom of one set is directly linked to any other atom of the same set.
- A simple rule is that all aromatic and conjugated hydrocarbons consisting of even membered rings and any kind of chain are alternant hydrocarbons.
Definición de alternant en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India