sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- A pattern of reproduction occurring in the life cycles of many lower plants and some invertebrates, involving a regular alternation between two distinct forms. The generations are alternately sexual and asexual (as in ferns) or dioecious and parthenogenetic (as in some jellyfishes).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Like plants and many protists, brown algae undergo a complex life cycle involving alternation of generations.
- In many organisms with both sexual and asexual reproduction, including most sexual protists, fungi, algae, and nonseed plants, sex involves an alternation of generations between haploid and diploid phases.
- Although they are often unicelled and simple, some algae have a 1n - 2n life cycle which constitutes an alternation of generations.
Más definiciones de alternation of generationsDefinición de alternation of generations en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.