- An electoral system whereby voters rank candidates in order of preference. In the event that one candidate fails to achieve a sufficient majority, the candidate with the fewest number of first-preference rankings is eliminated and these votes redistributed, the process being repeated until one candidate achieves the required majority: support for the alternative vote is now very strong [as modifier]: the alternative vote systemMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An electoral pact to support one another under the alternative vote system would make a lot of sense.
- Second preferences on the alternative vote ballot paper are expected to be decisive.
- There is a debate raging about whether to hold a referendum on the day of the next election to switch from the current first past the post voting system to the alternative vote.
Más definiciones de alternative voteDefinición de alternative vote en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.