1A plant of a chiefly tropical family that includes love-lies-bleeding.
- Family Amaranthaceae: several genera, especially Amaranthus.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Several important crops are members of these families, with amaranth probably one of the most promising unexploited food and fodder crops.
- Like other members of the amaranth family it is nutritious and highly decorative with reddish-purple markings on the stems.
- The genus Celosia, of the amaranth family, offers blooms that satisfy the florist or gardener who's looking for a more unusual plant.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As I'm learning more and more about Judaism, I'm finding that there is an amaranthine well of knowledge for me to uncover.
- In the amaranthine blackness, there were no days, and there were no years.
- She returned her gaze to the sunset, washing everything in tones of red and amaranthine.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: am¦ar|anth
Definición de amaranth en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda