- 1A strong desire to do or achieve something: her ambition was to become a model he achieved his ambition of making a fortuneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Hughes won the affection of many viewers in the original programme when he set out his ambitions in life.
- Not so long ago he was watching telly with his eldest daughter, Lois, who has ambitions to be an actor.
- If we work together we can realise these ambitions - we can make Scotland a better place.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Desire and determination to achieve success: young men and women with ambitionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He's been good at everything he's turned his hand to because of his determination and ambition.
- As soon as he had the cash, he determined to put thwarted ambition back on track.
- It is remarkable how he was able to fulfil this ambition with such remarkable success in so many areas.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin ambitio(n-), from ambire 'go around (canvassing for votes)'.