Definición de ambition en inglés:
- Land-hungry settlers viewed the royal government as an obstacle to their ambitions.
- Now, if I get some MP to sign a letter, it feels like I've achieved my life's ambition.
- All of this occurs amid speculation about her own presidential ambitions.
- Goneril and Regan, consumed by ambition, divide the kingdom in half.
- During the course of Citizen Kane, the hero marries two women and his ambition drives them away.
- In a book of such ambition, there will be much with which to quibble.
Ambition comes from Latin ambire, literally meaning ‘to go round or go about’ (also the source of late 16th-century ambient), but with the more specific sense of ‘to go round canvassing for votes’. From this developed the idea of eagerly seeking honour or advancement.
Words that rhyme with ambitionacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, musician, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.