Definición de ambivalent en inglés:
Having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone: some loved her, some hated her, few were ambivalent about her an ambivalent attitude to Europe
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To say that councillors are ambivalent about the idea is an understatement.
- Those sentiments are a far cry from her early years when she had an altogether more ambivalent attitude towards her singing.
- In practice, we have managed to do better than our ambivalent attitudes suggest.
equivocal, uncertain, unsure, doubtful, indecisive, inconclusive, irresolute, in two minds, undecided, unresolved, in a dilemma, on the horns of a dilemma, in a quandary, on the fence, torn, hesitating, fluctuating, wavering, vacillating, equivocating, mixed;
opposing, conflicting, contradictory, clashing;
confused, muddled, vague, hazy, unclear
informal iffy, blowing hot and cold
Early 20th century: from ambivalence (from German Ambivalenz), on the pattern of equivalent.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The first of these is aesthetic, the second political, but both inform her ambivalently negative attitudes towards still photography.
- Both were deeply but ambivalently bonded with their male sidekicks and, to both, women were simultaneously a lure and a threat.
- Clifford looks forward ambivalently to the day when such concerns will not be his.
Palabras que riman con ambivalentequivalent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán