- 1 Greek & Roman Mythology The food of the gods.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So they have a special drink called nectar, and they eat food which is ambrosia, which is immortal.
- Athena strengthens Achilles by planting ambrosia and honey in his chest.
- Then my feet no longer rest on earth, but standing by Zeus himself I take my fill of ambrosia, the divine dish.
- 1.1Something very pleasing to taste or smell: the tea was ambrosia after the slop I’d been sufferingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The result is like ambrosia, pleasing in colour, form, smell, and taste.
- What was left was as a good a piece of beef as I have ever cooked or tasted - ambrosia for the meat-eating gods.
- Sometimes when inspiration hits, you create something that just tastes like ambrosia.
- 2A fungal product used as food by ambrosia beetles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is one of more than 300 species of wood-boring ambrosia beetles which distribute the spores of ambrosia fungi.
- This damage is associated with ambrosia fungi that cause wood rot and death of the tree.
- The ambrosia fungus appears as the black lining of the gallery.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A pity, because the beautifully poached damsons, greengages and plums which accompanied them were ambrosial enough to serve on their own.
- These berries, each no bigger than the tip of your little finger, have an intensely concentrated flavor I can describe only as ambrosial - reminiscent of strawberries, roses, and pineapples.
- But when I pop one into my mouth, it is ambrosial.
mid 16th century: via Latin from Greek, 'elixir of life', from ambrotos 'immortal'.
Más definiciones de ambrosiaDefinición de ambrosia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.