verbo[with object] formal
Make (something bad or unsatisfactory) better: the reform did much to ameliorate living standards
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Improved social and economic conditions enhance health status and ameliorate problems of addiction.
- At least some of these could be ameliorated by improved urban design.
- He drafted it because he believed that the U.N. is the place to resolve such disputes and ameliorate such crises.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I think the ameliorative treatments have been a godsend.
- While buyers are not thrilled by rising prices, rising prices are one of the ameliorative responses to changes in scarcity conditions.
- And I agree, also, with her description of a more ameliorative social policy for working families.
Mid 18th century: alteration of meliorate, influenced by French améliorer, from meilleur 'better'.
Palabras que riman con amelioratemeliorate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda