- It said it has persuaded several overseas companies to amend their websites to reflect UK law.
- Since publication, Valder has slightly amended the text of his manifesto, replacing the second last paragraph.
- This is the slightly amended text of an address he gave to a Quadrant dinner in Sydney in August.
- If you can't afford topsoil, you can amend the soil with compost.
- Before replanting, amend soil with lots of fresh compost or organic matter.
- Plant each clump in soil that has been amended with compost and a balanced fertilizer.
- I mean, Howard Dean has said a lot of things in this campaign that he's subsequently modified, amended or taken back.
- He said it would be ‘wholly irresponsible’ to scrap the system and said it could be modified and amended.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Under this standard, any amendable Constitution makes possible any change whatsoever, since theoretically the Constitution could be amended to implement that change.
- Senator McConnell says it is amendable and debatable.
- The pilots now work under a collective-bargaining agreement amendable at the end of next year.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was among the thirty-four authors and amenders of the 1933 Humanist Manifesto, first drafted by Roy Wood Sellars.
- Article authors and amenders get no pay and no public credit.
- The amends made should support the amender's values or the family or school values if the amender is young.
Middle English: from Old French amender, based on Latin emendare (see emend).
mend from Middle English:
Even though it is found slightly earlier, mend is thought to be a shortening of amend, which along with emend are recorded within a few years of each other. They all go back to Latin emendare ‘to free from faults, correct’.
Palabras que riman con amendappend, apprehend, ascend, attend, befriend, bend, blend, blende, commend, comprehend, condescend, contend, defriend, depend, emend, end, expend, extend, fend, forfend, friend, impend, interdepend, lend, mend, misapprehend, misspend, offend, on-trend, Oostende, Ostend, perpend, portend, rend, reprehend, scrag-end, send, spend, subtend, suspend, tail end, tend, transcend, trend, underspend, unfriend, upend, vend, weekend, wend
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.