Definición de amends en inglés:
plural sustantivo(in phrase make amends)
Compensate or make up for a wrongdoing: try to make amends for the rude way you spoke to Lucy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Is it possible for that family to make amends and atone for its ill-gotten gains?
- I suppose you could say I am making amends after all these years.
- The bowler, however, agreed to continue when he was advised that instead of feeling depressed, he should just concentrate on making amends in the second Test starting here tomorrow.
compensation, recompense, reparation, restitution, restoration, redress, indemnity, indemnification, atonement, expiation, requital;
offer of amends
- Law An offer to publish a correction and an apology for an act of libel: the plaintiff cannot succeed if the defendant proves that an offer of amends was made in good timeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the circumstances I have summarised above, I believe that the right discount for the belated offer of amends and apology is 35%.
- Under section 4 of the Defamation Act 1952 the defendant can establish a valid defence if he proves that he published the words innocently and has made an offer of amends.
- Parliament intended that a defendant whose offer of amends is turned down should have a statutory defence for that very reason - save in exceptional circumstances.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan