Definición de ammonoid en inglés:
An extinct cephalopod mollusc with a flat-coiled spiral shell, found commonly as a fossil in marine deposits from the Devonian to the Cretaceous periods.
- In the Lower Devonian, ammonoids appeared, leaving us large limestone deposits from their shells.
- The Triassic ammonoids represent the phylogenetic bridge between Paleozoic and Jurassic ammonoids.
- According to these studies, allometric growth is particularly common in Carboniferous and Permian ammonoids.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to the ammonoids.
- This study, which represents part of my Ph.D. thesis, could not have been performed without the thorough taxonomic work carried out by many Triassic ammonoid systematists that has provided the basis for this study.
- They are known to occur in abundance at only a few localities around the world and are entirely absent from some classic, highly diverse Permian ammonoid localities, such as the Urals in Russia and Kazakhstan.
- In summary, clymeniids fell well within the general range of Paleozoic ammonoid geometries, though most members of the Clymeniida tended toward an openly coiled shell with a low expansion rate.
Definición de ammonoid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan