- 1Relating to, living in, or suited for both land and water: an amphibious vehicleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These are his men and women in these amphibious vehicles bringing in supplies, food, water.
- As well as a snowy theme, the map also has a number of water features, which brings into play the two amphibious vehicles.
- Forms of animals would appear over hundreds of thousands of years as the animals became amphibious and began to leave the water.
- 1.1(Of a military operation) involving forces landed from the sea: an amphibious assaultMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It has concentrated upon acquiring small torpedo and missile attack boats, but has also acquired modest numbers of landing craft for amphibious operations and a small submarine force.
- Personnel from both countries compared and practiced their skills in a parachute insertion, amphibious operations and live-fire assaults.
- Before World War II the Marine Corps developed a doctrine of amphibious operations that employed a quick, sharp, unexpected assault against a defended coastline.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a consequence, the British-Canadian force brought amphibiously to France for the D-Day assault was initially larger than the American contingent, about 75,000 to 55,000.
- As the Soviet Army advanced overland from the north, some units were parachuted into key cities, or landed amphibiously in Korea.
- As the piece unfolds through these different layers, images of billowy clouds juxtaposed with bodies that breathe amphibiously transform the park into an airy lagoon.
Más definiciones de amphibiousDefinición de amphibious en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.