sustantivo[mass noun] Botany
Sexual reproduction involving the fusion of two different gametes to form a zygote. Often contrasted with apomixis.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our findings indicate that in general haplodiploidy and automixis should be more successful than amphimixis or apomixis.
- A great diversity of reproductive mechanisms occur among nematodes, including amphimixis, automictic hermaphroditisim, and parthenogenesis.
- Facultative amphimixis is the equivalent of the mechanism described under meiotic parthenogenesis.
late 19th century: from amphi- + Greek mixis 'mingling'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also, the species' integrality means not only amphimictic reproduction; it is much more complex process.
- The Catipes group has amphimictic diploids and tetraploids and derived from them are all of the polyploid agamic complexes in the genus.
- Comparative investigation on spindle behavior and MPF activity changes during oocyte maturation between genogenetic and amphimictic crucian carp.
Definición de amphimixis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.