Definición de amphimixis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Botany
Sexual reproduction involving the fusion of two different gametes to form a zygote. Often contrasted with apomixis.
- Our findings indicate that in general haplodiploidy and automixis should be more successful than amphimixis or apomixis.
- A great diversity of reproductive mechanisms occur among nematodes, including amphimixis, automictic hermaphroditisim, and parthenogenesis.
- Facultative amphimixis is the equivalent of the mechanism described under meiotic parthenogenesis.
- Example sentences
- Also, the species' integrality means not only amphimictic reproduction; it is much more complex process.
- The Catipes group has amphimictic diploids and tetraploids and derived from them are all of the polyploid agamic complexes in the genus.
- Comparative investigation on spindle behavior and MPF activity changes during oocyte maturation between genogenetic and amphimictic crucian carp.
Definición de amphimixis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan