Definición de amphiuma en inglés:
A fully aquatic eel-like amphibian with very small limbs, occurring in stagnant water and swamps in the south-eastern US.
- Family Amphiumidae and genus Amphiuma: three species
- Unlike sirens, amphiumas retain both pairs of girdles and limbs, though both are reduced in size, and the limbs are often both difficult to discern and of decreased function in adults.
- If handled roughly, the amphiuma will become aggressive and provide the aggressor with a painful bite.
- Female amphiumas come to land to nest and lay their eggs, usually under a log near the water's edge.
Definición de amphiuma en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan