sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
- A bitter crystalline compound found in bitter almonds and the stones of peaches, apricots, and other fruit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, when unripe, they contain amygdalin, which is also present in bitter almonds, and are toxic.
- Taken orally or as an injection, laetrile is a purified form of amygdalin, a chemical found in lima beans, raw nuts and the pits of many fruits.
- This herb contains amygdalin which hydrolizes into benzaldehyde and hydrocyanic acid.
mid 19th century: from Latin amygdala 'almond' + -in1.
Más definiciones de amygdalinDefinición de amygdalin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.