sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
1A starch-like protein which is deposited in the liver, kidneys, spleen, or other tissues in certain diseases.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Amyloidosis occurs when the protein amyloid is deposited in the kidneys under conditions other than ordinary.
- Hiapp belongs to the group of amyloidogenic proteins, characterized by their aggregation and deposition as fibrillar amyloid in various body tissues.
- This case is unique because of the massive deposition of amyloid in the spleen, adrenal gland, and liver.
1.1 another term for amyloidosis. a bewildering illness eventually diagnosed as amyloid of the kidneys
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bronchiolar diseases and amyloid and malignant lymphoma were seen less frequently.
- Among four cases with primary pulmonary lymphoma, amyloid was observed in three cases as a minor finding.
- The first and more predominant structure was a mesh of filaments measuring 10 to 15 nm in diameter, which is typical of amyloid.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: amyl|oid
Definición de amyloid en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda