The doctrine that baptism should only be administered to believing adults, held by a radical Protestant sect of the 16th century.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lutheranism had already taken root as had Anabaptism so Calvinism was seen as another protest religion in a ever crowded field.
- Calvinism and Anabaptism served as pivotal influences.
- Even more extreme sects inspired by Lutheranism flourished, such as Anabaptism.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The region was a mixture of Calvinists, Lutherans, Catholics and Anabaptists.
- But what can we say of the barbarity of Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli, who cracked down mercilessly on the radical Anabaptists and other dissenters after risking their own lives for religious liberty?
- Catholics, along with Lutherans and Calvinists in Europe, fiercely persecuted the Anabaptists, and for four hundred years there had been few efforts at reconciliation.
Mid 16th century: via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek anabaptismos, from ana- 'over again' + baptismos 'baptism'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Ana|bap¦tism
Definición de Anabaptism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda