Definición de anabiosis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Zoology
A temporary state of suspended animation or greatly reduced metabolism.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- CAM also occurs in some resurrection plants that are desiccation-tolerant and can shift between biosis and anabiosis as they dry out and are rewatered, respectively.
- His photographs show that during anabiosis membranes contract in intricate folds within the shrunken cell.
- He said three types of life forms are found in permafrost: active ones that eke out a living, forms in suspended anabiosis until things get better, and the ones that simply gave up and died.
late 19th century: from Greek anabiōsis, from anabioein 'return to life'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We put hearts, blood and semen of the lab animals into an anabiotic capsule designed and built by our team.
- Evidence suggests that glacial ice cannot support bacterial growth but rather traps these organisms for considerable lengths of time in an anabiotic state.
- When anabiotic, tardigrades look like they are dead - they don't move, don't breathe and their metabolism is undetectable.
Definición de anabiosis en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India