(also anaesthetise, US anesthetize)
- 1Administer an anaesthetic to (a person or animal), especially so as to induce a loss of consciousness: I was called to Casualty to anaesthetize a patientMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He immediately administered medication to anesthetize the patient and proceeded to intubate the patient.
- Also, for many years he anaesthetised patients for consultant colleagues at Wincanton Memorial Hospital.
- After the anesthesia care provider anesthetizes the patient, the circulating nurse places the robot's arms at the side of the patient's thorax below the midaxillary line.
- 1.1Deprive of feeling or awareness: the feeling of numb unreality persisted and anaesthetized meMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One is to anesthetize your throat and the other is to anesthetize your mind.
- Feeling as though her mind had been anesthetized, she drifted off into an uneasy half sleep, hazily staring off into space and not noticing when her mother called her for dinner.
- It has taken many decades of determined work by the power elite to effectively anesthetize the minds of young people.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After anesthetization with 2-5% isofluorane, the sterilized anchor was inserted through the skin at the intersection of the cervical and thoracic vertebrae, dorsally between the shoulder blades.
- A 12-year-old boy said, ‘I am frightened by the chances of being paralyzed by the anesthetization, or not waking up from it at all.’
- In a few hours, his new assistant from the university, whom he had recruited to handle the monkey anesthetization as well as any lifting or dragging, would be coming by to go over the checklist.
Más definiciones de anaesthetizeDefinición de anaesthetize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.