Definición de anagenesis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
Species formation without branching of the evolutionary line of descent.
- Evolutionary taxonomists such as Simpson use both cladogenesis and anagenesis in their classifications, arguing that taxonomic groups should be based on the branching points in evolution and the degree of difference between groups.
- For this reason, it should come as little surprise that proponents of a hierarchical approach to macroevolution do not consider anagenesis to be the dominant mode of species transformation.
- This process of organic transformation includes anagenesis as well as cladogenesis.
- Example sentences
- Darwin, who viewed natural selection as a process producing slow anagenetic changes along lines of descent, thought that species were arbitrary slices.
- Species defined in these anagenetic terms have neither discrete temporal boundaries nor a sufficient level of constancy during their evolutionary tenures.
- In the first case, i.e. a new anagenetic evolutionary trend, a complete reversal of the direction of natural selection should be assumed.
Definición de anagenesis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan