sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
Species formation without branching of the evolutionary line of descent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Evolutionary taxonomists such as Simpson use both cladogenesis and anagenesis in their classifications, arguing that taxonomic groups should be based on the branching points in evolution and the degree of difference between groups.
- For this reason, it should come as little surprise that proponents of a hierarchical approach to macroevolution do not consider anagenesis to be the dominant mode of species transformation.
- This process of organic transformation includes anagenesis as well as cladogenesis.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Darwin, who viewed natural selection as a process producing slow anagenetic changes along lines of descent, thought that species were arbitrary slices.
- Species defined in these anagenetic terms have neither discrete temporal boundaries nor a sufficient level of constancy during their evolutionary tenures.
- In the first case, i.e. a new anagenetic evolutionary trend, a complete reversal of the direction of natural selection should be assumed.
Definición de anagenesis en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda