1Relating to or situated near the anus: the anal sphincter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No cutaneous, ocular, anal, rectal, nasal, or oral mucosal lesions were demonstrated on thorough physical examination.
- It is girdled by the external anal sphincter, a striated muscle structure that is part of the pelvic floor musculature.
- The diagnosis is made by examining the anus and anal canal, and it is important to exclude more serious causes of bleeding, such as colorectal cancer.
1.1 Psychoanalysis (In Freudian theory) relating to or denoting a stage of infantile psychosexual development in which defecation is the major source of sensuous pleasure and the anus forms the centre of self-awareness.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It could be demonstrated that creative thinking in science is closely connected with a specific reparation mechanism common in the anal stage of development.
- Or we can think of the anal stage of development as an attempt to control biological urges with the new surging power of symbolic meaning and mastery.
- On the psychic level, as I have tried to demonstrate by analyzing the central joke as if it were a highly condensed, overdetermined dream image, it involves a regression to the anal stage.
1.2 informal Anal-retentive: he’s anal about things like that
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As with other aspects of my life, I'm capable of being rather anal about pleasure: I will go here, I will do such-and such, with so-and-so, and I will enjoy myself.
- We all know about wishful thinking, about denial and defence mechanisms, repression, narcissism, Freudian slips and the anal personality.
- I am simply not anal or autistic enough to beat the people who really love this game.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The band's preferred method of crafting their uptemp tunes involves intense collaboration and consolidation of the best parts, chosen in almost anally democratic rounds of ayes and nays.
- I'm sure that this is closely related to my anally retentive attitude towards employing proper grammar and complete English words, without ever resorting to the dreaded ‘text speak’.
- I've always been this sort of person who thinks ahead, anally breaking the years up into three or four year segments and thinking about what each segment would contain, I would compartmentalise my life into challenges.
Mid 18th century: from modern Latin analis, from Latin anus (see anus).
Palabras que riman con analdecanal
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: anal
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda