Definición de analgesia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
1The inability to feel pain.
- Most women in the United States deliver infants in hospitals where epidural analgesia or intravenous narcotics are the only pain-relief options.
- The association of maternal fever with epidural analgesia is well known.
- In Scotland, a conservative view by anaesthetists prevented patients with epidural anaesthesia / analgesia being nursed outside of high dependency units.
1.1Medication that acts to relieve pain: she was able to take analgesia orally
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What is the evidence that narcotic analgesia is efficacious in relieving chronic nonmalignant pain?
- Begin with simple oral analgesia: paracetamol 1000 mg or ibuprofen 400 mg, preferably in soluble form, as the first step.
- Diamorphine given by the nasal route resulted in more rapid analgesia than intramuscular morphine in young people in acute pain
early 18th century: from Greek analgēsia 'painlessness', from an- 'not' + algein 'feel pain'.