Definición de analogous en inglés:
1Comparable in certain respects, typically in a way which makes clearer the nature of the things compared: they saw the relationship between a ruler and his subjects as analogous to that of father and children
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The question of democracy is in a number of respects analogous to slavery.
- This is analogous to the law relating to the fire services and quite close factually to Alexandrou v Oxford.
- The moral of that is if we've got a silicone system which is analogous to us in these respects we ought to treat that system as a person too.
1.1 Biology (Of organs) performing a similar function but having a different evolutionary origin, such as the wings of insects and birds. Often contrasted with homologous.
- This could involve the expression in a yeast mutant, which is defective for an analogous transport system.
- An analogous role is played by the PAM complex in mitochondria.
- There was no homology between sequenced clones and analogous repeats in potato IGS.
- Example sentences
- In the geopolitical arena, analogously, we note the explosions resulting from convergence in the outbreak of ‘world wars’.
- The visual material in the book runs parallel to the text, the two relating to one another more analogously than convergently.
- Since Arabic and Hebrew have similar sources, one can deduce analogously that in Hebrew also it would have meant brushing away and forgiving sins.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan