1Comparable in certain respects, typically in a way which makes clearer the nature of the things compared: they saw the relationship between a ruler and his subjects as analogous to that of father and children
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The question of democracy is in a number of respects analogous to slavery.
- This is analogous to the law relating to the fire services and quite close factually to Alexandrou v Oxford.
- The moral of that is if we've got a silicone system which is analogous to us in these respects we ought to treat that system as a person too.
comparable, parallel, similar, like, corresponding, related, kindred, matching, cognate, equivalent, symmetrical, homologous
1.1 Biology (Of organs) performing a similar function but having a different evolutionary origin, such as the wings of insects and birds. Often contrasted with homologous.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This could involve the expression in a yeast mutant, which is defective for an analogous transport system.
- An analogous role is played by the PAM complex in mitochondria.
- There was no homology between sequenced clones and analogous repeats in potato IGS.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the geopolitical arena, analogously, we note the explosions resulting from convergence in the outbreak of ‘world wars’.
- The visual material in the book runs parallel to the text, the two relating to one another more analogously than convergently.
- Since Arabic and Hebrew have similar sources, one can deduce analogously that in Hebrew also it would have meant brushing away and forgiving sins.
Mid 17th century: via Latin from Greek analogos 'proportionate' + -ous.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: analo|gous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda