Definición de anastomosis en inglés:
sustantivo (plural anastomoses /-siːz/)technical
1A cross-connection between adjacent channels, tubes, fibres, or other parts of a network.
- The anastomosis is completed by inserting the coupling member, with the graft vessel attached, into the anchor member.
- The nutritional supply by a network of anastomoses of small caliber only may be an explanation for these findings.
1.1 Medicine A connection made surgically between adjacent blood vessels, parts of the intestine, or other channels of the body: collateral veins are likely to develop across the anastomosis within a few months [mass noun]: a new technique of intestinal anastomosis was devised
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The surgeon frees up the affected segment of the bowel, removes the diseased portion, and rejoins the proximal and distal edges with a surgical anastomosis whenever possible.
- A period of starvation is common practice after gastrointestinal surgery during which an intestinal anastomosis has been formed.
- Evidence of a remote surgical anastomosis was noted.
- Example sentences
- Approximately 8 years after this, he underwent repair of an aneurysmal area that had developed in the right ventricular outflow tract at the anastomotic site of the pulmonary artery that was related to the Blalock-Taussig shunt.
- Clips were placed at the left edge of the applicator cone, and the second field was placed to encompass the previous area of tumor recurrence to the left upper pelvic sidewall near the original anastomotic site of Mr T's sigmoid resection.
- We found a significant array of anastomotic vessels between the supratrochlear and angular artery and also the presence of multiple vessels that seemed to be encompassed by both the paramedian and midline forehead flaps.
Pronunciación: /ənastəˈmɒtɪk/adjetivo& sustantivo
Definición de anastomosis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan