- 1Dissect (a body): he was sentenced to be hanged and then anatomizedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They were not like Da Vinci, who would anatomize corpses to learn about the conformation of the human body.
- He also uses anatomising skill to get under the skin of these shifty doctors.
- Torn, we are told, was so obsessed by anatomical study that he stashed anatomized body parts under his bed, an unhealthy practice that contributed to his early death.
- 1.1Examine and analyse in detail: successful comedy is notoriously difficult to anatomizeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There was no leader whose speech could be dissected, no party whose splits could be anatomised, no single manifesto whose implications could be discussed.
- A New Shirt, a novel, and the story collections The Mourning Thief, Lebanon Lodge, and A Link with the River show Hogan anatomizing his own fictional world of the western midlands.
- In anatomizing character, the Victorians' leading fear ‘was not moral relativism but weakness of will.’
late Middle English: from medieval Latin anatomizare, from anatomia (see anatomy).
Más definiciones de anatomizeDefinición de anatomize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.