Definición de anatomy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural anatomies)
- The basic human sciences involved are anatomy, physiology, and psychology.
- The book is primarily designed for students of forensic anthropology and presumes a background in human anatomy and osteology.
- No study in the history of physics, chemistry, biology or human anatomy and physiology has determined the concept of chi to be an accurate description of how the body works.
- But it has led scientists to believe that some animals with very different anatomies are related - for instance, the kangaroo and the platypus, and the hippo and whale.
- The meat-happy book's unintentional humor peaks with diagrams of different animals' anatomies.
- The anatomy of different oaks has implications for barrel making.
- Speaking about aches in southern regions of the anatomy, what about Becks's female counterpart, the tennis impostor Anna Kournikova?
- What other part of the anatomy can I show that is going to top that?
- Pains in other parts of the anatomy also come to mind whenever I think about him.
- Although several books have been produced recently on sectional anatomy, none appear to be intended as detailed, comprehensive anatomies.
- Webster employs this episode in a final analysis of the anatomy of contemporary New Zealand anthropology and Maori studies.
- He has picked up the latest version of the anatomy of GAA positions, but I have only room left to deal with the first line of defence this week.
At first anatomy was not just the study of the structure of the human body, it was specifically the practice of cutting up human bodies to learn about them. The word came into English from Greek anatomia, from ana- ‘up’ and tomia ‘cutting’. Anatomy used also to be applied to a skeleton, and in this meaning it was commonly found in the contracted form atomy, as in ‘His sides…looked just like an atomy, ribs and all’ (J. Fenimore Cooper, 1863).
Palabras que riman con anatomyatomy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.