Definición de ancon en inglés:
sustantivo (plural ancones /aŋˈkəʊniːz/)Architecture
1A console, typically consisting of two volutes, that supports or appears to support a cornice.
- Each has three square-headed window openings per floor, and is supported by a single stone ancon and topped by a broad, stone cornice.
- The modillion was a bracket, a horizontal version of the ancones which supported the cornice of the Greek doorway cornice.
- It also includes the special moulded bricks for ancones, header joists and ceramic roof beams.
2Each of a pair of projections on either side of a block of stone or other material, used for lifting it.
- The fact that these ancones have not yet been sawed off, is an indicator of the unfinished state of the temple.
- The ancones should prevent the ropes by which the stones are raised from slipping away.
- This can be justified in all cases: The U-shaped channels, the ancones and the stops differ in distance from the top of the block.
Definición de ancon en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary