Definición de anencephalic en inglés:
Having part or all of the cerebral hemispheres and the rear of the skull congenitally absent.
- It can uncover 90 percent of anencephalic pregnancies and 80 percent of spina bifida cases.
- In a Finnish study, mothers of anencephalic children were more likely than matched control patients to remember having a cold in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Brazil expanded its abortion law July 1, allowing the abortion of anencephalic children - children with no brain.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An anencephalic fetus or infant.
- The excess was most pronounced for the subgroup of anencephalics, in which prevalence increased 5-fold.
- An individual who is in a ‘persistent vegetative state,’ an irreversible deep coma, fits this description, as do infants born with no cerebral cortex (anencephalics).
- Example sentences
- In anencephaly, a fatal neural tube defect, the brain and skull are grossly underdeveloped.
- Rarely, postterm pregnancy may be associated with placental sulfatase deficiency or fetal anencephaly.
- A detailed analysis revealed no indication of a systematic increase in the prevalence of Down's syndrome, anencephaly, or spina bifida.
Definición de anencephalic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary