sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Absence of the normal immune response to a particular antigen or allergen.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is known that some persons with TB exhibit specific anergy to tuberculin but still respond to other antigens, possibly because available T-cell receptors are saturated and unable to react to the administered tuberculin antigen.
- This type of antigen presentation results in tolerance via T-cell anergy.
- As suggested by Ferrara and colleagues, a low mitogen response may possibly reflect underlying anergy or inability of the cellular immune system to effectively mount a T-cell response.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Among TB patients with HIV infection, up to 40 per cent could be anergic.
- Seven patients were PPD negative, one of whom was anergic.
- Among these anergic patients, the 6-month mortality rate was 48%, compared with 13% for immunocompetent patients.
Early 20th century: from German Anergie, from Greek an- 'not', on the pattern of Allergie 'allergy'.
Definición de anergy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda