An excessive localized swelling of the wall of an artery.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- An aneurysm is a swelling in part of an artery caused by damage to, or weakness of, a blood vessel wall.
- In patients without subarachnoid hemorrhage from a separate aneurysm, larger aneurysms also were more likely to rupture.
- For instance, if the aneurysm involves the arteries to the kidneys then surgeons need this information if they plan to operate.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with aneurysmal rupture is a potentially lethal event with a mortality rate as high as 50 percent.
- However, the vascular wall was intact without any aneurysmal dilation or communication with the hemorrhagic cystic lesion.
- The second patient described herein had aneurysmal changes with advanced degenerative disease.
Late Middle English: from Greek aneurusma 'dilatation', from aneurunein 'widen out'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: an|eur¦ysm
Definición de aneurysm en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda