A plant of a large group that comprises those that have flowers and produce seeds enclosed within a carpel, including herbaceous plants, shrubs, grasses, and most trees. Compare with gymnosperm.
- Subdivision Angiospermae, division Spermatophyta
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Like other seed plants, angiosperms are heterosporangiate, producing pollen and ovules in different organs.
- Were the first angiosperms woody trees and shrubs, or were they small herbs?
- A great variation in endosperm size is observed within angiosperms.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Amber is the hardened resin of coniferous and angiospermous trees.
- His contention was that angiospermous remains could not have occurred earlier than the Tertiary.
- Five angiospermous fossil woods of Late Tertiary have been excavated from Xinzhow County, Hubei Province.
Definición de angiosperm en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda