Definición de anima en inglés:
1(In Jungian psychology) the feminine part of a man’s personality. Often contrasted with animus (sense 3).
- Jung developed his theory of the personal animus and anima - male and female aspects of the psyche.
- Our conventional wisdom says a man who kills an anima figure is surely doomed.
- Although attempts have been made to portray the closing soliloquy of Molly Bloom as the secret life of Nora Barnacle, it is really a coda to the completed book, and in most respects a glimpse into the anima of James Joyce.
2The part of the psyche which is directed inwards, in touch with the subconscious: persona and anima switch roles and merge in slow, smooth ways Often contrasted with persona.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Jyeshta has no worshippers in the world because the world worships only persona or appearance and glamour - and not anima or inner soul.
- The anima imprints the persona. As such, over time, examination of the persona may allow insight into the anima.
- Jung called the persona the "outward face" of the psyche because it is that face which the world sees. The "inward face" he called the anima in males and the animus in females.
1920s: from Latin, 'mind, soul'.
Definición de anima en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan