A negatively charged ion, i.e. one that would be attracted to the anode in electrolysis. The opposite of cation.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When two atoms swap electrons to produce a cation and an anion, the two ions are attracted to each other.
- During electrolysis an anion is attracted to the anode (positive electrode).
- In an ionic compound there are two different types of ions present, the positively charged cations and the negatively charged anions.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An example of an anionic emulsifier is stearic acid.
- The development of both cationic and anionic exchange materials did not occur until 1935.
- The anionic lipids promote faster adsorption whether present in the bilayer vesicles or in the surface monolayer.
Definición de anion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.