Definición de anisogamy en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
Sexual reproduction by the fusion of dissimilar gametes. Compare with isogamy.
- Meiosis produces 4 gametes, ie. isogamy, anisogamy and oogamy, which through mitosis develops into mature gametes.
- Isogamy and anisogamy, and sometimes oogamy, may occur.
- In many species with gametes of different sizes (anisogamy), sexual crosses typically produce progeny with mitochondrial DNA inherited from the larger gamete.
late 19th century: from Greek anisos 'unequal' + -gamy (from gamos 'marriage').
- Example sentences
- These produce flagellated anisogamous gametes that are released into the water to find each other.
- The gametes are isogamous or anisogamous and are produced from the plurilocular sporangia of gametophytes.
- Chlamydomonas braunii is just like C. reinhardtii, except for the fact that it is anisogamous.
Definición de anisogamy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan