1(Of an object or substance) having a physical property which has a different value when measured in different directions. An example is wood, which is stronger along the grain than across it. Often contrasted with isotropic.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the general case, anisotropic substances will show colours, the interference colours; but on rotation through 360° they go black, or into extinction, four times.
- Coriolis flowmeters using fibers and anisotropic material to control selected vibrational flowmeter characteristics
- Most crustal rocks of interest to exploration geophysics are either inherently anisotropic or behave as anisotropic materials when sampled by seismic waves.
1.1(Of a property or phenomenon) varying in magnitude according to the direction of measurement: electron scattering is anisotropic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The magnitude of the observed anisotropic flow effect is sensitive to the degree of thermalization at the collision's earliest moments.
- The simulations were performed with anisotropic pressure coupling, to 1 bar independently in x, y, and z directions, which allowed the area per lipid to fluctuate during the simulation.
- We also calculate the loading force, the average pressure on the capsid's walls, and the anisotropic pressure profile within the capsid.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The distal portion of this zone expands anisotropically, similar to regions of the wild-type apex periphery, which contact older flower primordia.
- The pore water pressure as well as the stress-strain response of an anisotropically consolidated clay specimen under undrained shearing was significantly affected by the initial stress ratio.
- Ligand binding to proteins, enzyme catalysis, self-aggregation of colloids, and polymerization are examples of diffusion-mediated processes involving anisotropically reactive species.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Foliation anisotropy caused bending to take place locally by folding about an inclined hinge in the limbs of a pre-existing synform, which tightened during the deformation.
- It seems that the contact between augen gneiss and metasediments represents a strong mechanical anisotropy along which the basal thrust of the Zermatt-Saas zone developed.
- Frequency domain anisotropy was measured by exciting the sample with the amplitude-modulated light polarized vertically.
Late 19th century: from Greek anisos 'unequal' + tropos 'turn' + -ic.
Definición de anisotropic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda