- 1The joint connecting the foot with the leg: Jennie fell downstairs, breaking her ankle [as modifier]: an ankle injuryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Lateral ligament injuries to the ankle joint are common among athletes.
- These two bones together link the leg to the foot at the ankle joint, although it is the tibia which carries all the weight.
- She leapt to her feet and immediately had to jump to avoid a swipe of her master's pole that would have broken both her ankles had it connected.
- 1.1The narrow part of the leg between the ankle joint and the calf: her slim ankles the men are ankle-deep in mudMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Your front thigh should be parallel to the floor and your calf straight above your ankle; your back leg should be almost to the floor.
- The pump fills the sleeves with air and gently squeezes the leg, squeezing from ankle to calf to thigh.
- He stood between her legs and casually played with her feet and calves, holding her ankles, running his fingertips up the backs of her legs.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- 1 [with adverbial of direction] US • informal Walk: we can ankle off to a new localeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Being sensible people, we ankled in and got a table.
- We both ankled out of the theatre once Udo Kier was up there making love.
- 1.1 [with object] Leave: he ankled the series to do a movieMás ejemplos en oraciones
- John Willis has ankled his post as Granada Medias managing director for worldwide production.
- Fox Broadcasting marketing chief Roberta Mell has ankled her post.
- Kirk Douglas had originally been cast as Trautman, but he ankled the project when the producers refused to cave in to Douglas' demand that Trautman kill Rambo in the finale.
- 2 (usually as noun ankling) Flex the ankles while cycling in order to increase pedalling efficiency: changing my pedalling style from toeing to anklingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Can someone please help me to understand "ankling" and whether it is a desirable way to pedal, i.e. does ankling provide a more "rounded" pedal stroke?
- A method of pedaling known as 'ankling', or Anquetil's method, was popular in the 1960's and was thought to be the solution to cycling efficiency.
- Ankling is an effective pedaling technique on level roads and slopes when riding at an average speed of around 20 km/h.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This article covers the crossed-ankled sitting position.
- So in one night Zeus shared the bed and love of the neat-ankled daughter of Electyron and fulfilled his desire.
- Where art thou gone, light-ankled youth?
Old English ancleow, of Germanic origin; superseded in Middle English by forms from Old Norse; related to Dutch enkel and German Enkel, from an Indo-European root shared by angle1.
Más definiciones de ankleDefinición de ankle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.