sustantivo (plural anniversaries)
- 1The date on which an event took place or an institution was founded in a previous year: the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain the 75th anniversary of the RAF
- 1.1The date on which a couple were married in a previous year: he even forgot our tenth anniversary!Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Who else can say they got divorced on the tenth anniversary of their wedding?
- No matter how old you are it is important not to forget your wedding anniversary as Pat Evans found out to his cost last week.
- A couple approaching their golden anniversary have thanked the Lord for 50 years of marital bliss.
Middle English: from Latin anniversarius 'returning yearly', from annus 'year' + versus 'turning'.