Definición de announce en inglés:
- This is his fifth and final World Cup, as he has announced his retirement and intention to spend more time with family.
- Confirmation of this fact was announced by the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources.
- When the Crown Office announced the move, its statement failed to declare the men's innocence.
- The butler announced the arrival of the Archers' dinner guests for that evening.
- We're going to be announcing some special guests - is that enough of a clue?
- Today, for example, I had to announce a guest conductor - the esteemed Henry Chas.
- Normally this happens at a regional airport after they've announced your flight has been delayed for a few hours.
- Even though the speaker system was obviously working so well, the destination station was not announced.
- They announce the next station, and the train begins to slow down.
Late 15th century: from French annoncer, from Latin annuntiare, from ad- 'to' + nuntiare 'declare, announce' (from nuntius 'messenger').
The base of announce is Latin nuntius ‘messenger’ (also the base of nuncio (early 16th century) a papal ambassador). From the same root come annunciation (Middle English) ‘act of announcing’; denounce (Middle English) with de- having a negative sense; pronounce (Late Middle English) from pro- ‘out, forth’; renounce (Late Middle English) from re- (expressing reversal); and enunciate (mid 16th century) ‘announce clearly’ from e- (a variant of ex-) ‘out’.
Palabras que riman con announcebounce, denounce, flounce, fluid ounce, jounce, mispronounce, ounce, pounce, pronounce, renounce, trounce
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.