Definición de anomaly en inglés:
sustantivo (plural anomalies)
1Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected: there are a number of anomalies in the present system [with clause]: the apparent anomaly that those who produced the wealth were the poorest [mass noun]: the position abounds in anomaly
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Or is this just an anomaly that all of Africa and all of the world should regret, do you think?
- The final piece of the jigsaw fell into place at Villa Park and it's a curious anomaly that whenever he has found the net we have always won.
- In that incident, an anomaly that has existed in the Service for decades has come to the fore.
2 Astronomy The angular distance of a planet or satellite from its last perihelion or perigee.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such processing efforts have led to determinations of satellite magnetic anomalies of the Earth.
- For his lunar theory [Hipparchus] needed to establish the mean motions of the Moon in longitude, anomaly and latitude.
- It has been used in gauge theory, instantons, monopoles, string theory and the theory of anomalies.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán