Definición de anomaly en inglés:
sustantivo (plural anomalies)
1Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected: there are a number of anomalies in the present system [with clause]: the apparent anomaly that those who produced the wealth were the poorest [mass noun]: the position abounds in anomaly
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Or is this just an anomaly that all of Africa and all of the world should regret, do you think?
- The final piece of the jigsaw fell into place at Villa Park and it's a curious anomaly that whenever he has found the net we have always won.
- In that incident, an anomaly that has existed in the Service for decades has come to the fore.
2 Astronomy The angular distance of a planet or satellite from its last perihelion or perigee.
- Such processing efforts have led to determinations of satellite magnetic anomalies of the Earth.
- For his lunar theory [Hipparchus] needed to establish the mean motions of the Moon in longitude, anomaly and latitude.
- It has been used in gauge theory, instantons, monopoles, string theory and the theory of anomalies.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan