sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
The loss of the sense of smell, either total or partial. It may be caused by head injury, infection, or blockage of the nose.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Look up drug side effects in the Physicians' Desk Reference and you will discover words like tinnitus (ringing in the ears), syncope, dyspnea (shortness of breath), epistaxis and anosmia (loss of smell).
- Does he have any history of nasal problems, such as trauma, congestion, or anosmia associated with nasal polyps?
- During examination, the subjects were asked about known anosmia or hyposmia.
early 19th century: from an-2 + Greek osmē 'smell'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Furthermore, the magnitude of the mutational effect of smi 97B was sexually dimorphic; even at high odorant concentrations, males were hyposmic, while females were anosmic.
- ‘These people are blind and anosmic,’ Lupe grumbled.
- The Wiltschkos showed that pigeons raised without free access to ambient odors are not disoriented when anosmic while their siblings raised with free access to the prevailing wind were disoriented.
Definición de anosmia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.