Definición de anosmia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
The loss of the sense of smell, either total or partial. It may be caused by head injury, infection, or blockage of the nose.
- Look up drug side effects in the Physicians' Desk Reference and you will discover words like tinnitus (ringing in the ears), syncope, dyspnea (shortness of breath), epistaxis and anosmia (loss of smell).
- Does he have any history of nasal problems, such as trauma, congestion, or anosmia associated with nasal polyps?
- During examination, the subjects were asked about known anosmia or hyposmia.
- Example sentences
- Furthermore, the magnitude of the mutational effect of smi 97B was sexually dimorphic; even at high odorant concentrations, males were hyposmic, while females were anosmic.
- ‘These people are blind and anosmic,’ Lupe grumbled.
- The Wiltschkos showed that pigeons raised without free access to ambient odors are not disoriented when anosmic while their siblings raised with free access to the prevailing wind were disoriented.
Definición de anosmia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan