sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
The loss of the sense of smell, either total or partial. It may be caused by head injury, infection, or blockage of the nose.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Look up drug side effects in the Physicians' Desk Reference and you will discover words like tinnitus (ringing in the ears), syncope, dyspnea (shortness of breath), epistaxis and anosmia (loss of smell).
- Does he have any history of nasal problems, such as trauma, congestion, or anosmia associated with nasal polyps?
- During examination, the subjects were asked about known anosmia or hyposmia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Furthermore, the magnitude of the mutational effect of smi 97B was sexually dimorphic; even at high odorant concentrations, males were hyposmic, while females were anosmic.
- ‘These people are blind and anosmic,’ Lupe grumbled.
- The Wiltschkos showed that pigeons raised without free access to ambient odors are not disoriented when anosmic while their siblings raised with free access to the prevailing wind were disoriented.
Early 19th century: from an-2 + Greek osmē 'smell'.
Definición de anosmia en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda