Definición de anoxia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] technical
1An absence of oxygen.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lack of oxygen or anoxia is a common environmental challenge which plants have to face throughout their life.
- Tolerance to anoxia is relevant to wetland species, rice cultivation and transient waterlogging of agricultural crops.
- Sugar availability plays an important role in plant tolerance to anoxia.
1.1 Medicine An absence or deficiency of oxygen reaching the tissues; severe hypoxia: death due to anoxia resulting from strangulation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cold injury is believed to occur due to anoxia resulting from circulatory insufficiency as well as the direct freezing effect of cold on the exposed parts.
- Deaths and permanent neurological damage from anoxia have occurred when surgeons have unwisely performed immediate consecutive bilateral thoracoscopy rather than two separate operations.
- He added that these injuries can be very severe because facial injuries received often affect breathing, which leads to anoxia which can result in brain damage.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was determined that the patient had suffered severe anoxic brain damage as a result of the cardiac arrest.
- He allegedly was over sedated and consequently suffered cardiopulmonary arrest with an ensuing irreversible anoxic brain injury.
- He assumes that anoxic damage to the brain obliterates all consciousness.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda