sustantivo[mass noun] • technical
- 1An absence of oxygen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lack of oxygen or anoxia is a common environmental challenge which plants have to face throughout their life.
- Tolerance to anoxia is relevant to wetland species, rice cultivation and transient waterlogging of agricultural crops.
- Sugar availability plays an important role in plant tolerance to anoxia.
- 1.1 Medicine An absence or deficiency of oxygen reaching the tissues; severe hypoxia: death due to anoxia resulting from strangulationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Cold injury is believed to occur due to anoxia resulting from circulatory insufficiency as well as the direct freezing effect of cold on the exposed parts.
- Deaths and permanent neurological damage from anoxia have occurred when surgeons have unwisely performed immediate consecutive bilateral thoracoscopy rather than two separate operations.
- He added that these injuries can be very severe because facial injuries received often affect breathing, which leads to anoxia which can result in brain damage.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was determined that the patient had suffered severe anoxic brain damage as a result of the cardiac arrest.
- He allegedly was over sedated and consequently suffered cardiopulmonary arrest with an ensuing irreversible anoxic brain injury.
- He assumes that anoxic damage to the brain obliterates all consciousness.
Más definiciones de anoxiaDefinición de anoxia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.