- 1Precede in time; come before (something) in date: a civilization that antedated the Roman EmpireMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The conflict that the book is about can also be interpreted as a conflict not between Islam and Christianity but between Europe and Afro-Asia whose origin antedates the rise of Islam.
- THE PRACTICE OF land-value taxation is deeply rooted in Danish history, going back at least to the reign of Valdemar the Great, and possibly even antedating the Viking king, Sven Forkbeard.
- This technique recalls medieval recipes antedating the invention of the pudding cloth.
- 1.1Indicate or discover that (a document, event, or word) should be assigned to an earlier date: there are no references to him that would antedate his birthMás ejemplos en oraciones
- More than 300 words and phrases are being examined, with OED researchers hoping to antedate them (find an earlier use) or postdate them (find a recent example to prove a word is still in use).
- He was later tried for having antedated a consulting bill, but was acquitted.