- In addition, the parallels between the Sumerian and biblical antediluvian data open up the possibility of establishing chronological correlations between the rest of the Kings List and the book of Genesis.
- An antediluvian civilization, thriving and technologically advanced prior to the flood, managed to survive the flood due to their technological prowess.
- One even tells its followers that they may relive former lives, back into antediluvian periods.
- In the new dispensation, religion is being hemmed into a narrow, private world, as if a public commitment to certain beliefs is old-fashioned and antediluvian, like wearing your shirt inside your drawers.
- But I cannot see the House of Lords' decision as some sort of cataclysm which has put a quarter of a century's family jurisprudence into antediluvian obsolescence.
- ‘The newspaper industry prices itself in a way that is at best archaic and at worst antediluvian,’ he says.
deluge from Late Middle English:
This is from an Old French variant of diluve ‘flood’, from Latin diluvium, from diluere ‘wash away’, also the source of dilute (mid 16th century). The English word antediluvian (mid 17th century) meaning literally ‘before the (biblical) Flood’ is also based on Latin diluvium.
Palabras que riman con antediluvianalluvion, diluvian, Peruvian
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ante|dilu¦vian
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.