- 1Coal of a hard variety that contains relatively pure carbon and burns with little flame and smoke.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Peat is an accumulation of virtually unaltered plant material, while anthracite is nearly pure carbon with little trace of the original plant material.
- Coal is usually classified into the sub-groups known as anthracite, bituminous, lignite, and peat.
- They all burn anthracite there so the sky is orange.
- 1.1A dark grey colour: a wide range of colours from anthracite to blush pink [as modifier]: the anthracite finish on these cupboard doorsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- While our review sample was anthracite, the Quality Mat is also available in blue, red and orange.
- Each display is available in a choice of colours: white, anthracite and blue.
- The use of block colours in black, anthracite, charcoal gray, indigo, winter white and red-brown complements this understated and practical collection.
late 16th century (denoting a gem described by Pliny and said to resemble coals, supposedly hydrophane (a type of opal)): from Greek anthrakitēs, from anthrax, anthrak- 'coal'.
Más definiciones de anthraciteDefinición de anthracite en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.