Definición de anthraquinone en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A yellow crystalline compound obtained by oxidation of anthracene. It is the basis of many natural and synthetic dyes.
- Chemical formula: C14H8O2
- The new algicide, the subject of a patent application, uses a product derivative based on the natural compound anthraquinone, found in rye grass.
- The preparation of anthraquinone used in the National Toxicology Program cancer bioassay was contaminated with the mutagen 9-nitroanthracene
- The appearance of such photochemical by-products as dianthracene and anthraquinone was monitored throughout the irradiation experiments.
late 19th century: from anthra(cene) + quinone.
Definición de anthraquinone en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan