sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A yellow crystalline compound obtained by oxidation of anthracene. It is the basis of many natural and synthetic dyes.
- Chemical formula: C14H8O2
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new algicide, the subject of a patent application, uses a product derivative based on the natural compound anthraquinone, found in rye grass.
- The preparation of anthraquinone used in the National Toxicology Program cancer bioassay was contaminated with the mutagen 9-nitroanthracene
- The appearance of such photochemical by-products as dianthracene and anthraquinone was monitored throughout the irradiation experiments.
late 19th century: from anthra(cene) + quinone.
Definición de anthraquinone en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.