Definición de anti-emetic en inglés:
(Chiefly of a drug) preventing vomiting.
- Progress has been made in the development of new anti-emetic drugs (emesis = vomiting), particularly the serotonin antagonists which are potent inhibitors of chemotherapy-induced vomiting.
- Meta-analysis has documented the value of psycho educational information in reducing hospital length of stay; medical complications; use of pain, anxiety, and anti-emetic medications; and productive time lost after discharge.
- She had been given anti-emetic medication before getting up, so the nurse gave her a cool cloth and sat holding her steady in a sitting, head-down position.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An anti-emetic drug.
- Many anti-emetics are also sedatives, so it's advisable not to drive or use machinery after taking them.
- The doctors and nurses will provide you with a prescription for medicines to help control the nausea and vomiting called anti-emetics.
- A potential complication, dystonic reactions-oculogyric crisis, must be considered when prescribing anti-emetics.
Definición de anti-emetic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia